Classic/Antique Car Insurance|
Ask a group of hobbyists to compare their classic car collection to some new (yawn) showroom models, and they’ll tell you you’re crazy.
There’s no comparison! Well, the same holds true for car insurance. Standard auto policies were designed for standard automobiles. Specialty auto insurance, however, addresses the unique needs of the collector car crowd.
- Low Premiums. Our rates are drastically lower than standard. For example: The standard rate on a ’65 Mustang could hit $800/year. Hagerty’s average premium on the same car? Just $110.
- Agreed Value Coverage. In case of a total loss, you will receive the full amount for which you have insured your vehicle.
- No Deductible. In most states you will pay nothing if you have a claim with your collector vehicle. However, a deductible is required for vehicle model years 1987 and newer.*
- One-Time Liability Fee. No matter how many vehicles you have on your policy, you only pay a single liability charge.*
- Flexible Usage. Drivers can enjoy their classics with comfortable limits. Our policy allows for an occasional leisure drive, not just to parades or car events.
- Repair Shop of YOUR Choice. Your choice, not ours. Take your collector cars to your favorite repair shop.
- Restoration Coverage. You can protect your classic and its increasing value during an active restoration project.
- Instant New Purchase Coverage. Unplanned purchases up to $50,000 receive immediate coverage on an existing policy.*
- Business-Use Endorsement. Collectors may use their cars for specific business or commercial uses for specified time frames.*
- Auto Show Medical Reimbursement. Clients or family members injured during an auto show or similar car-related function will receive pre-determined medical coverage.*
- Overseas Shipping/Foreign Touring Coverage. We can provide special coverage of your vehicle(s) during overseas transit including cargo shipping, foreign liability and property damage. We also can coordinate coverage during your stay.
- Club Liability Program. Protect your club and its members from potential lawsuits while enjoying the same great service and low rates enjoyed by all clients.**
- Motorcycle Safety Equipment Coverage. This feature includes coverage of safety apparel, including leather pants, gloves, jacket and a helmet.*
- Hagerty Plus. You’ll have the opportunity to join the nation’s largest community of collector car enthusiasts.
* Available in most U.S. states.