What Should I Consider?
Owning a condo puts you in a unique position. Unique because you have both common and individual insurance needs. Odds are, your condominium association has an insurance policy for common areas, like the building exterior and walkways. You’re still responsible for insuring your interests such as your personal property, yourself from liability and your guest’s medical protection.
Some things to consider when shopping for condo insurance:
- How do I know how much coverage my association carries?
- Are there parts of the building or property they don’t insure?
- What are my insurance responsibilities?
- How much would it cost to repair the inside of my home if it were damaged?
- How can I make my home safer and possibly save money?
- Should I purchase flood insurance?
- What would it cost to replace the contents of my home?
- Do I have an inventory and photographs of my personal possessions?
- What kind protection do I have against liability claims?
- Will my guests’ medical expenses be covered if they are accidentally injured on my property?
- What additional protection can I get for special assessments
- What additional protection can I purchase for my personal property such as: jewelry, electronic equipment, cellular phones and other special items?
- How often should I reevaluate my coverages?
- Do I need or have reimbursement for additional living expenses if I can’t live in my home due to loss?
- I’m getting married, can I get additional protection to cover wedding presents and other personal property I receive?
Enjoy peace of mind knowing your unique insurance needs are understood!